GREATER PENINSULA WORKFORCE BOARD LEGAL NOTICE
Title I, Chapter 2, Section 108 of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) requires that Local Workforce Development Boards (LWDBs), in partnership with Local Elected Officials (LEOs) develop and submit a comprehensive four-year local plan to the Governor which identifies and describes workforce development policies, procedures, and program activities that are to be carried out in the local area.
WIOA Regulations at Section 679.580 requires that at the end of the first 2-year period of the 4-year local plan, each LWDB, again in partnership with their appropriate LEOs must review the local plan and prepare and submit modifications to the document that reflect changes in:
- Labor market and economic conditions; and,
- Other factors affecting the implementation of the local plan, including but not limited to: o Significant changes in local economic conditions;
- Changes in the financing available to support WIOA Title I and partner provided WIOA Services;
- Changes to the LWDB structure; and,
- The need to revise strategies to meet local performance goals.
In developing the local plan modification LWDBs are required to take into consideration relevant updates to the WIOA State Plan. In 2018, the Commonwealth of Virginia WIOA Combined State Plan for the period July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2020 was modified to reflect updates in labor market and economic conditions and workforce development activities.
Additionally, WIOA requires that the LWDBs provide an opportunity for public comment on and input to the development of the local plan modification prior to its submission to the Governor. Toward this end, the LWDB must:
- Make copies of the proposed local plan modification available to the public through electronic and other means;
- Provide an opportunity for comment by members of the public, including representatives of business, labor organizations, and educational institutions;
- Provide no more than a 30-day public comment period beginning on the date the proposed plan is made available, prior to its submission to the Governor; and,
- Include any comments that express disagreement with the plan modification, in the submission to the Governor.
Accordingly, the Greater Peninsula Workforce Board (GPWB) in collaboration with its Consortium of Local Elected Officials announces the initiation of its Program Years 2016 – 2020 Plan Modification process. The purpose of this process is to revise its current workforce development plan to reflect such updated demographic and economic data as may be available and other pertinent changes to its WIOA service delivery system. This system is designed to provide employment and training services for targeted youth, adults and dislocated workers. Activities funded under this plan will be implemented within Local Workforce Development Area #14, which includes the cities of Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, and Williamsburg and Gloucester, James City and York Counties.
The plan modification will be available for review from February 14, 2019 – March 15, 2019 between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday, at the GPWB’s Office, 11820 Fountain Way, Suite 301, Newport News, VA 23606. The document may also be viewed at https://vcwpeninsula.com. Comments will be accepted through March 15,2019, and will be submitted to the GPWB Executive Committee for review and inclusion in the final plan submission. Comments or questions regarding the plan modification or the public review process may be directed to William Mann, at email@example.com or by calling 757-826-3327. EO Employer/Program